Welkom in Caledonië Bungalowpark & Camping Caledonië
What are cookies? Cookies are files that are installed on the user’s web browser or devices (smartphone or tablet) as you browse the website pages and are used to store information about your visit. Cookies are used to:
- Make sure that web pages work properly.
- Store your preferences, like language or font size.
- Find out about the user’s browsing experience.
- Compile anonymous statistical information, like which pages the user has visited or how long they have spent on the website.
Using cookies helps optimise browsing, adapting the information and service offered to the user in order to provide a better experience each time they visit the website.
Type, purpose and operation
Depending on their permanence, Cookies can be divided into two categories: session cookies and persistent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser. Whereas the latter expire when the their aim is achieved or when they are deleted manually.
In addition, depending on their aim, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Strictly necessary (technical): These cookies are required for the page to run properly. They are normally generated when the user enters the website or registers on it and they are used to identify the user on the website with the following aims:
- Keep the user identified so that if they close the website, the browser or device and then come back to the same website at another time, they will remain identified, thus enabling them to browse without having to identify themselves again.
- Check if the user is authorised to access certain services or areas of the website.
Performance cookies: They are used to improve the browsing experience and optimise the functioning of the website, for example, to store service settings or store a purchase in a shopping cart.
Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information on the ads displayed to website users. There are two types:
- Anonymous cookies: They only collect information on the advertising spaces displayed on the website, regardless of the user accessing the website, i.e., without identifying them explicitly.
- Personalised cookies: They collect personal information from the website user on behalf of a third party, in order to customise these advertising spaces.
Geolocation cookies: These cookies are used to find out what country or region the user is in when accessing a website service in order to provide content or services appropriate to your location.
Analytical: They collect information on the user’s browsing experience on the website. It is usually anonymous, although on occasions it can also be used to uniquely and unmistakeably identify the user in order to obtain reports on the user’s interest in the services offered by the website.
Below you will find a table with the cookies used on this website, including an “intrusiveness level” on a scale of 1 to 3, on which:
- Level 1: Cookies strictly necessary for the provision of the service requested by the user.
- Level 2: Performance cookies (anonymous) required for content and browsing maintenance. You are only informed of their existence.
- Level 3: Cookies managed by third parties allowing the user to be tracked through other websites that are not the owners of that website. They generally correspond to advertising or analytical cookies which identify the user in a unique and obvious way.